Monday, September 14, 2020

9.14.2020

 This morning, Jim got the ceiling paint all ready and started painting the primed ceiling in the auto bay...


Making progress - painting white on white is always fun...


The last swatch...


All done and looks fabulous!  I told Jim that instead of his workshop lights that we should hang a chandelier because it looks so fancy!


Then it was back to working on the curve for the next driveway section.  Jim basically started over; he cut his plywood pieces thinner so they would hopefully bend better...


It's looking good...


Using lots of clamps to get things bent right...


Plus a triple wall of plywood...


All that work was worth it because the curve looks fabulous!  


Jim managed to get that done even with lots of interruptions.  The freezer was delivered mid-afternoon...


I'm so excited - it's about as big as I am!  However, when we opened it, we discovered that one bracket was broken that holds a drawer glide.  I called but it was a fairly painful experience - both Jim and I talked to them trying to explain.  At one point they were going to send a whole new freezer!  But eventually I talked to a parts rep from GE who is hopefully just sending a replacement part.  Jim will get it all leveled tomorrow and I'll start filling it up!


Yet more distractions...I ran into town quickly just to go to the post office and the small store.  When I walked down to the mail box later and came up, I noticed that my tire was going flat.  Jim brought it down later (first time on the new concrete!) and it had lost a lot more air.


So he jacked it up and took the wheel off...


The culprit - a nail.  Since Jim uses no nails around here, I must have picked it up somewhere else on my trip today.  So more phone calls - we will drop it off to Sam's Club on Thursday morning.  That works out because we had planned to go down to Albany this week for Jim to pick up more expansion joint anyway.  


At the end of the day, 17 turkeys playing in the front yard!



High 65/Low 36





No comments:

Post a Comment