Saturday, January 27, 2018

1.27.2018

The driveway has been so slick that I haven't been to the property all week!  I was anxious to get out and see things myself so I drove out and Jim planned to meet at the bottom of the driveway to drive me up.  When I got there, a neighbor from down the street was at the bottom of the driveway also - he stops and feeds the turkeys and animals right across the street from our driveway.  Jim plows that area for him when he plows our driveway and this guy has plowed the bottom of the driveway for us after the plows go by.  Nice.  So Jim was chatting with him and I parked my car at the bottom and Jim took us up.  But it truly was like a sheet of ice with a layer of water on top from the sun and warmer temps today - so scary!  In fact, Jim wasn't going up quite fast enough (since I was in the car!) and had to come back down and get a better running start.  The neighbor was waiting at the bottom to make sure we got up.  Then when Jim took me back down, we discovered that he had thrown some sand over the driveway - really nice!  Made going down so much better.
 
Even though I've seen the pictures, it's so much better to see all the work Jim has done in person.  The furnace room really looks amazing!  Jim was showing me that he was working on getting the relief valve connected - this is just in case something happens with the furnace, it won't blow up!  This came with the furnace but Jim has to get parts to attach it.  He already drilled through the furnace case and put the bracket on but needs a bigger clamp to go around the pipe.
 


This is the relief valve that lets any air bubbles in the water caught in the air scoop to escape.


Jim's next challenge was to decide on where to put the manifold for the apartment.  He decided that it made the most sense to put it in the wood shop bathroom.  The Pex lines will be able to come up the same pipe that the hot water lines are in now and go into the manifold.


Since he figured out the placement of the manifold, Jim spent time working on the surrounding area - putting up angle pieces and figuring out where and how drywall will attach.


The ceiling in this area will go beneath the drain lines...


The apartment is really looking great - having all the screws covered makes every room look finished.  Jim continued working in the master bedroom and got the second coat on the corner beads before moving over and starting in the living room.

I had no trouble coming home - Jim noticed that it was starting to lightly rain and took me down to my car.  But when Jim was coming home, as soon as he hit the road, it was all black ice.  He had a white-knuckle ride all the way home but thankfully he's home safe and sound! 
High 42/Low 30

No comments:

Post a Comment