Tuesday, May 26, 2015

5.26.2015

Well...today started out with me finding a tick on the back of my neck!  Suffice it to say that I totally freaked out!  I told Jim we would have to scrap the building project and move to a concrete jungle somewhere.  Okay, maybe not, but I was still totally creeped out, even though I don't think he bit me.
 
But on to the day...Jim spent all day going over the shoring and screwing all the stringers together.  You can see how many screws he put in just on this one side - it's of course repeated on the other side and over every stringer connection.


He also put stringers connecting the secondary shoring posts together and then to the wall - and he did this for each tower.


Later in the afternoon, in anticipation of cutting a little grass later on, Jim needed to switch out the good mulching blades for the original blades on the mower.  There are still rocks hiding and there's no sense ruining the good blades at this point.

But necessity is the mother of invention - Jim didn't have jacks here and needed to get underneath the mower.  So he drove it onto the bucket of the Bobcat and then lifted it up!


After that, it was time to move more dirt...


...which means you have to move more rocks....


But at the end of the day, dirt piles are disappearing and things are really taking shape!

 
High 87/Low 67
 

No comments:

Post a Comment