Wednesday, November 25, 2015

11.25.2015

Another exciting day of progress  - today it was all about working on the valley rafters!

I had to run a couple errands this morning, including going to the roofing company to pick up another roll of flashing material.

When I got out to the site, Jim had already put up four rafters!  He had one up yesterday but took it down to do a little tweaking. 


I was glad I got there when I did so that I could help Jim with the longer rafters.


Clamping it down into place...


Then putting the last rafter up!  Then it was time for end blocking so Jim got busy fabricating all of those. 


Now that the area feels like an inside, it was also time for me to do a little cleaning while Jim was making the blocking.  We had lots of steel parts and pieces left over from bracing and shoring.  They were against the front wall and were totally in the way, so I  restacked the long pieces behind the plywood that Julia and I stacked over the weekend.  The rest of the steel we threw down and I organized it into our piles in the yard.  Feels good to have things so organized.



Putting up the first piece of blocking...


As the sun was setting, Jim finished up installing the 4 end blocks that he had made.  He wanted to put up 2 more, so he headed into the shop to make those.


 
This was the end-of-the-day picture as I left, but Jim stayed and got two more blocks made and installed so all the blocking is done on this side of the roof.  He also made another rafter for the other side.  He called today and ordered more steel to finish the rafters on that side which should come in next week. 

 
High 45/Low 28
 

No comments:

Post a Comment