Saturday, February 17, 2018

2.17.2018

I again started the day dealing with Jim's phone - this time, I went to a different Verizon store.  Unfortunately, there's nothing they could do to fix the phone and I just had to upgrade his.  Which was all fine, until I didn't know his iCloud password and couldn't call him to get it.  So that meant a trip to the property.  I parked at the bottom and carefully made my way up the driveway, staying only on the snow-covered part.  Because check out the driveway - it's a solid sheet of ice!  We were supposed to get a few inches of snow tonight which would have helped, but now they are saying less than an inch.  Plus, it's supposed to really warm up midweek again before getting cold.  What a strange winter.
 

All that aside, I got to check out all Jim's progress at the property which was great.  When I came in, he was busy soldering joints...


You can see he had to brace the bottom part of this run so that the joints at the end wouldn't be under stress.  He was showing me how everything will fit together.  Seeing all this work in person is really amazing - much more complicated than the pictures could ever express.  Plus, Jim has to think downstream and figure out how to incorporate the outdoor wood burning stove.  His plan now is to have the connection go from the vertical return line he's working on into a holding tank and then back into the furnace.  Hurts my brain to think about it.


On his lunch break, he's been working on finding all the parts and pieces to put our treadmill back together.  It's amazing that we took it apart years ago and there were so many pieces all over the place in multiple storage units but it's coming back alive.  He still needs to do a lot of cleanup work on it because some parts rusted, but another piece of "home" coming alive.


I also got to checkout the progress of the plastering in the apartment.  Things look so amazing and more finished.  He went back to work this afternoon in the master bedroom.  He got all of the tapered joints done on the walls and ceilings and the second coat on all the screws except for just a small section left.  He'll finish that up and then work on corners tomorrow.

Hopefully tomorrow Jim will have his phone back with him and can take some pictures.  And we can chat/text during the day which I miss terribly!
High 32/Low 25

No comments:

Post a Comment