Tuesday, June 30, 2020

6.30.2020

Jim did all the prep work on the new cabinet this morning to get it ready to bring up - like predrilling all the attachment holes.  First step in the kitchen was to attach the ledger board to the blocking in the walls...


Bringing up the cabinet!


Setting it up on the countertop while he gets everything in place...


Ladder and tools in the kitchen - time to put the cabinet in place...


Fastening it to the wall...


Attaching the two cabinets together...


Then the fun part - starting to fill it up!  It's so gorgeous to see this whole section of cabinets in place!


Jim putting contact cement on the next two shelves...


Formica attached and rolling it to insure a good contact...


Now that I was able to get my everyday dishes in the cabinets, that left my hutch for my collection of Depression glass!  I had so much fun unwrapping it all from when I packed it up in Ohio.  It looks so pretty!


Not quite as pretty was the many boxes and newspaper wrappings that surrounded me - Jim and I walked down two giant boxes full of cardboard and newspaper to the recycling can!


High 73/Low 59 - few drizzles

No comments:

Post a Comment