Tuesday, October 13, 2020

10.13.2020

This was quite the day.  Jim and I both had dentist appointments this morning.  Everything was shut down for our spring appointment and when they opened back up, we weren't comfortable going so I rescheduled us for October, thinking that things would be better.  Well, things aren't as better as we would have hoped but we went.  Besides signing release forms for Covid, the hygienists wore respirators, goggles and face shields and the dentist wore a complete helmet with a hose connected to a filter she wore around her waist.  So it was anything but business as usual but we got good reports.

Afterwards, Jim headed off to the Drywall Center to pick up some special tape corner bead while I headed the opposite way into Saratoga to pick up another gallon of paint and do a few errands.  All was well until I got to the grocery store, grabbed my mask and reusable bag (a law in NYS), and proceeded to lock my purse, keys and phone in the car.  I went into the grocery store and had to beg to use their phone but it had a horrible connection.  Plus, the caller ID showed United States when I tried calling Jim so of course he ignored it.  I kept calling though so he eventually answered it - with our bad connection I finally was able to convey that I needed him to come rescue me.  He was probably close to a half hour away from home and had to go home to pick up the extra key and then drive another 20 minutes or so to rescue me.  What a wonderful husband - my hero!  

Once we got home, he changed and was finally able to get to work.  He started doing the trim work with the primer...


Sure makes things look clean and more finished...


Finishing up the last section...


Next step was to tape the floor to get ready for caulking...


Starting to caulk...  He ran out once he got past the first pilaster, so I'll pick up more on Thursday when I have to go out again (this time being more mindful of my keys!).


It's definitely wine time now!

High 51/Low 37 - little drizzly


No comments:

Post a Comment