Sunday, June 22, 2014

6.21.2014 - First Day of Summer!

Crazy to think that this is the longest day of the year - yikes, didn't winter just end?

Jim left early to get to the property, unload the truck, drive to the steelyard, and get another load of rebar.  This load was 5/8" - so each piece is heavier but actually more stable so a little easier to handle than the 1/2".


After we were done unloading, Jim was wishing that we would have counted the pieces to make sure we got what we ordered.  We placed the 5/8" better, but the 1/2" wasn't all lined up where it would be easier to count how many there were.  So Jim took the 3 lb hammer and beat them into more of an even bundle.


While Jim was doing that, I put some things away and decided to take a walk through the woods to circle back to him.  And ended up getting very lost!  It sounds funny and it is now, but at the time I really was clueless about where I was.  Everything looks the same and I found myself making circles.  I was at the back of the property and over on someone else's land.  I tried using the GPS but didn't have a pin on the property so it just showed where I was surrounded by white.  I could see the streets on the phone and tried to walk where I thought I should - eventually I saw Jim's bright orange shirt through the woods - I sure was happy to get back!  I told Jim that obviously I can't be trusted in the woods by myself!

I ended up trying to count the rebar.  They had told us that we had 96 pieces of 1/2" but Jim knew he had ordered 150 so figured that the last bundle was going to have to be mixed sizes.  So I took a grease pencil and marked each one and counted 147 - so they were wrong about the 96 and at least it's close to 150 - I could easily have missed a few.  There were 77 5/8" pieces.  We'll pick up the remaining bundle on Monday and hopefully the numbers will add up.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment