Monday, February 24, 2020

2.24.2020

Today was all about the next Corian countertop piece!  This morning, Jim took all the clamps off the edge pieces and cleaned up the glue...


Setting up his straight edge so that he can use that as a guide to make a straight cut along the front...


I had to go to Saratoga for some errands, so Jim took this selfie showing how all the Corian shavings transformed him into a Yeti!  These shavings are so full of static that they stick to everything - that's the router underneath.



But now he has a perfectly straight front edge to work with...



Making the first cove cut...


Starting to make the round over...


The top half is all done and looking good!


Time to flip it over and do the round over from the other side...


Edge work is all done!


And a big pile of shavings to show for it!


Doing the finish work...


It's all done and absolutely gorgeous!  I can't wait to see it in the kitchen - tomorrow!


Jim is always calling me the papparazi because he says every time he turns around, I'm taking his picture...


 So today was my turn.  Once I got home from my errands, I was putting my kitchen to good use - I made rolls, pasta and then vegetable lasagna.  After all, Fat Tuesday is tomorrow so we're practicing!


High 52/Low 31

No comments:

Post a Comment