Monday, September 16, 2013

Leaving again?

I hate the thought of another road trip for Jim today.  But we decided to check out the Great Sacandoga Lake this morning before they took off.  It was really beautiful - and this is just the tip of the 42 square mile lake just a few miles out of town.  We did have a funny encounter - we went across the bridge and decided to get out and walk so we could take a couple pictures.  We pulled up to what looked like an abandoned bar at the end of the bridge with a For Sale sign on the front.  We got out and started walking...when an old man with this giant Duck Dynasty-type white beard came out and yelled at us that we couldn't park there, it was private property.  So without saying anything, we got back in the car and went across the street.  There were some construction workers taking a break there and Jim called out, "Hope you won't yell at us - we'll just be 5 minutes!"  They started laughing - they had heard the old guy and it was obviously not their first interaction with him. 


The Great Sacandaga Lake


Then it was time for yet more goodbyes as Jim and Bryan loaded up in the truck and set off for Ohio.  I stayed here to catch up on fire school work and life in general.  So today I set up a bank account here and went exploring for the nearest bigger grocery store.  My GPS led me to Glens Falls.  I probably would have been better off to head to the mall area in Saratoga, but it was fun to go a new direction.  I also ran into a Target - so life is good.

Whenever we told someone we were moving to upstate New York, they always asked us if we had bears on the property - so much so that it became kind of a joke with me and Jim.  So I ran across my first bear sighting and had to text Jim the picture!

There's bears in them thar woods!

No comments:

Post a Comment