Thursday, September 19, 2013

He's HOME!

Even though Jim left Ohio really late, he was bound and determined to get home last night and not have to stay yet some other place for the night.  He got in about 1:30 this morning - beat, but so glad to be home.

So...this is now officially HOME!  It certainly will take some getting used to, but this is all part of the adventure.  I've always told Jim that home is wherever we are and we are putting that to test.  But it does feel like home.  Okay, so we don't have all the creature comforts we grew accustomed to but as we joked...creature comforts are for sissies!

Good news - Jim had the gray 4Runner that failed its inspection last time because of the gas tank re-inspected and it passed.  So it's now street legal in NY - yay!  The process with the other cards should go smoother because we don't know of any issues with them.  We'll probably wait until our Ohio tags are close to expiring to get them licensed here.

I have typing to work on today and Jim is chomping at the bit to get out to the land - says he needs it after sitting in the truck for days on end!

The weather is really beautiful here today - most mornings so far seem foggy, probably because we are in the mountains more here.  But it all burns off quickly and we are left with gorgeous blue skies and sunshine - and the temps are great today too.

Evening update...I got tired of sitting inside typing so I went to the lot to see what Jim was up to.  First...check out this picture I took - whenever anyone asks why we moved up here, this picture tells why!

Such a majestic picture
Jim had been busy during the afternoon.  He was doing some grading of the area where he has to clear by the road for the utility company to put the pole.  While I was there, this tree had to go...  And he got to test out the excavator on removing stumps.

Cutting down a tree
 
Looking cute in the excavator!
 
Making short order of removing the stump
 
On my way home, just had to stop and take this picture.  This little lake is just down the street less than half a mile from the lot - so pretty.  I can't wait to see this area when the leaves really start changing colors.

 
After we got home from the lot, Jim went for a run - where does he get his energy?  I started working on dinner.  I'm so used to having my double oven that when I realized I needed both the broiler and the oven, I decided to use the new toaster oven for baking and the oven for broiling.  Worked fine - until I also decided to use the microwave which I have next to the toaster oven - and blew a fuse.  We went ahead and ate - Jim loving the fact that he didn't have to take a wrapper off to eat it!  But afterwards, Jim realized that the frig wasn't working either and had to go exploring for a fuse box.  He found it downstairs in the hallway and got everything back on.  Then we were talking about how to alleviate that situation - the problem is that the kitchen has very few outlets.  Plus after Jim's discovery of outlets wired incorrectly, who knows if they are even working right.  All of a sudden it just made me sad - I left this gorgeous kitchen with outlets everywhere and everything set up - for this kitchen?  So a few tears before bed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Just checking in to see how you guys are doing. Looks like daily progress is being made and you are settling in to an East Coast lifestyle. Love the new shots of the property. It's so beautiful in pix, I can only imagine what it is like in person. It is going to be breathtaking when the leaves start changing. Take care and good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete