Monday, December 6, 2021

12.6.2021

I had a work crisis this morning - my postage meter needed to update the postal service's increased rates over Christmas (how crazy is that?) so that I could use it to do some mailings.  The machine needs to be hooked to the internet in order for that to happen; since we moved it into the pantry room, we needed to come up with another way to make that happen.  Jim had a wireless transmitter that he was hoping to use but it wouldn't connect.  He ended up finding a really long cable to temporarily go from the meter into the wood shop bathroom area where we have the technology devices located.  It worked and I was able to get my work done - thanks, dear!  It took a chunk out of his work day so glad that's done.

Mom and I headed out early this morning to do pickups at Home Depot, Target and the grocery store.  While it's not like shopping yourself and we don't get any walking in, it feels safer to do it this way right now.

Jim started priming the pantry shelves today...

Drying...


In the afternoon, Jim got my car ready to do a steel pickup.  Since he couldn't take his 4Runner as usual, he covered all the seats with blankets to protect them.  He's going to use this steel to strengthen the shelves in the pantry room (because you know I'm going to load them up!).  But what would have cost $20 a couple of years ago was now over $70!  


High 49/Low 28 - rain in PM

 

No comments:

Post a Comment