Friday, December 6, 2013

12.6.2013

This is one of the reasons why I have no doubts about Jim doing this project - no matter how long or grueling the day before was, he wakes up the next morning positive and ready to go again.

So even when it must feel like Groundhog's Day, he was pulling on his coveralls and getting back to work.  The driveway was really muddy when he went - in fact, he called me and said to call him when I come for lunch and he'll just drive down to meet me so I didn't have to attempt it in my car.

This is the picture he sent first thing this morning - this is how much he got done yesterday!


Of course, what would digging be without finding a few little rocks?  This one was so massive - check out how it tipped the excavator - scary!  But Jim is so happy with the performance of this machine - it's able to get these rocks out of the ground which is amazing.


It's really hard to tell depth in pictures, but here I am standing in what will eventually be the bottom floor machine shop!  The ground was probably 7 feet above me!  In fact, Jim has started stepping up the digging because it's too deep for the excavator.  When he's done, he'll have to get the rest from below.


Jim spent another full day digging - he didn't get home until it was dark.  No rest for the weary!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment