Tuesday, October 15, 2013

10.14.2013

Today Jim spent more time waiting for utility poles and Time Warner...neither of which came through.  I feel bad because Jim is trying to get things accomplished but still be able to listen for the phone - kind of hard with major machinery running.  But the driveway to the carriage house is taking shape and looking really good.  As soon as Jim gets it rough cut (his rough cut looks amazingly flat and perfect to me), we're going to shoot grades and see where we are.

Driveway to carriage house
Jim said we are officially fitting into the Corinth lifestyle...I made him take something our of our neighbor's trash!  My new postage meter has an automatic feeder which I really like but makes it huge so it's on the floor.  Then the address printer is pretty big and I don't really have a good spot for it.  So we said we are probably going to have to buy some sort of table to put them on.  Then I was driving home and someone in the building threw away this big, heavy TV stand that looked like it would be perfect!  So after he got home, tired and beat, I made him go out and we dragged this thing upstairs.  Hey - the price was right and it's just temporary!  I have to obviously clean it up and we'll see how it works.  I told Jim if it doesn't, we'll just put it out in the trash next week!

One man's junk is another man's treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment