Thursday, August 29, 2013

Sad day...

After being strong through this whole process - or maybe it's just been that I've been so busy that I haven't taken time to focus on the reality - things really hit me this morning.  Jim was showing me the molding he designed to finish off our master bedroom, and I just got all teary and sad.  Every room is getting empty now and it makes me so sad that we have to leave this house.  Every inch of it Jim built for us - how can we leave it? 
 
I love all the finishing touches that Jim is doing in the house - but someone else is going to get the pleasure of enjoying them.  I don't know - it was a tough morning and took me awhile to get as motivated as I needed to be.  I have truly loved living here and it's just really hard to fathom that come tomorrow, it won't be ours.  Before I start crying again...onto some pictures of the day.
 

Jim starting to finish the master bedroom closet

Wow - it's looking beautiful!  It seems so much bigger now - and look at how empty!
Jim really worked hard today, as every day - but since the buyer is coming around 5:00, Jim really wanted to have things finished up.  But mid afternoon, Jim and I got busy loading up the truck.  This truck load will be on its way to NY tomorrow!  So it's mostly books in the front and the boxes we've packed up.  Because the books are so heavy, Jim didn't want a lot of furniture on this load.  Plus this will be easy for us to manage to unload - and hopefully Kyle is going to join us in NY on Saturday.  We got a lot done by the time Bryan came over around 5:00.  He helped with the last little bit of stuff.


Then the buyer came over - minus his daughter.  We walked him through the house and showed him all the work Jim has done.  He asked if he could bring over an ATV to put in the pole barn.  Since the house is officially his tomorrow, Jim gave him a key.  Unbelievable!

There was still a little room on the truck, so after he left, Jim and Bryan went over to the storage unit and got a few more things to add to this truckload.  I'll be driving one of the 4Runners so we can put more fragile things - like pictures - in the back of it too.

We took Bryan and Cindy to Lagerheads for dinner to thank him for helping us with all the moving.  I think the plan is for him to go up with us next week when we have to be out to help us move the furniture up into the apartment.  That's going to be the tough part - those little stairs and that big furniture.  Not looking forward to that.

Okay - been a long and kind of emotional day.  Can't imagine that tomorrow is going to be any easier - plus after closing we have a 10 hour drive in front of us.  Better try and get some sleep.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment