Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday musings...

It's strange to be home by myself on a Sunday morning - no classical Sunday music playing, no pancakes...no Jim!  I just talked to him and he was heading to Molly's Mason Jar for his cranberry nut pancakes.  He plans on going to the lot today to do some work with the machines.  Sounds like the temps and the humidity have dropped so that's good.

I did have some house news - on my way home from church, a woman called who had just picked up the brochure.  She said they live in Copley but want more room...her husband is into working on cars (hmm...pole barn would be perfect for that!) and they were looking for some place that has a big garage.  They have 3 kids though so we'll see if the house is big enough for them.  She was very nice and said she wanted to get a sitter for the kids so they could look better.  She called me a couple hours later and said they would wait till Jim got home so tentatively Tuesday night.

I think I forgot to mention April...she was the woman who was a "serious buyer" and who came out during the monsoon weather.  She had said she would call and of course never did.  But she had to move that next week so I thought still maybe.  Jim thought I should call and she what she said...so I did - and she hung up on me!  I called back thinking - ha! - maybe we got cut off since we were both on cellphones but it went straight to voicemail.  So much for her Catholic signs and prayers in practically every room!

Jim sent these pictures this afternoon from Angel.  He is working with the Bobcat getting the area ready for the transformer and doing some cleaning.  Guess the undergrowth has really gotten long! He was disappointed though because the battery in the excavator was dead...and of course he left the jumper cables here.  That's what's becoming a difficult part of this process...things are in too many places and sometimes not where you need them!

Gate all delivered!

Getting ready for transformer

Jim plan on starting home tomorrow but is working with a couple people for tools he wants that were advertised on Craig's List.  He found forks he wants for the Bobcat as well as a plate compactor that he's been looking for.  They are both in eastern PA so he may stop to look at both on his way home tomorrow...which may cause a delay in him getting here til Tuesday.

Jim worked on grading the area around the well that he had to notch out for the well drilling equipment.  This first picture is one I took when we were there in June...and the second is the one that Jim just sent me.  Looks beautiful!

 

Before....and after!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment