Friday, July 5, 2013

One of those days...

Okay, so yesterday was one of those days where everything was either hard or didn't work out.  It didn't help that both Jim and I must have gotten up on the wrong sides of the bed either.

When I got up, the floors looked absolutely gorgeous!  They looked brand new.  Of course, I happened to notice one spot in the shadows that Jim had missed.  Later in the day, he tried taping that area off and putting another coat on.  But when it dried, it looked worse - very dull in that area.  Great.

Then Jim was looking for some specific type of caulk - he had a tube of if and wanted more. He got on the company website and they named a few local companies.  One if which I had already been to and they looked at me like I was crazy.  After way too long on the phone, we found a place in Cleveland that said their Canton office had it - she even read me the info on the tube.  When we called the Canton office, we again got the"never heard of it" line.  They finally checked with the Cleveland office and called Jim back...they had found it, but it expired so he threw it away.  Jim said he would still take it but the guy said no, it was already in the trash.  They could order it for us but we wold have to order a case and they didn't know when it would be in.  So after all that time - back to square one and still no caulk.

We needed just a tad of touch up paint in the library...I even found the paint card from way back when. So off to Sherwin Williams I went.  I just told the lady I wanted a sample - she gave me a quart and said that was their sample. But when I got home, I saw it was satin finish and we needed flat.  She never asked and I didn't think about it.  So back I went.  She told me that their samples only come in satin.  I told her that I needed a quart of it in flat...then she said that instead of $5.00 for the sample, I would have to pay $21.00 for a quart!  And she couldn't take my sample back because it was custom tinted.  Grrr...  Then it was off to Home Depot who said their little samples only came in flat - and it was their same top quality paint where Sherwin Williams said it was a cheap quality just to test color.  Note to self... No more Sherwin Williams!

Jim wanted to get the scaffolding down in the back yard but then noticed that he never fastened the gutters back after painting so instead had to do that.

So while it was certainly nothing earth-shattering, it seemed like a day of nothing being easy.

But we did work on power spraying the driveway. Jim hated the way it looked - the trees we have here are gorgeous, but  they are messy.

However - what a difference it makes!!!  We still have more to do tomorrow but it looks great!

Wow - quite a difference!


No comments:

Post a Comment