Friday, June 7, 2013

Tests to perseverance...

Jim got home really late last night - or more accurately, early this morning.  Trip went well - I hate him traveling that late at night by himself but he's a good, careful driver.

However, today he took me outside to listen while he turned the 4Runner on.  Even my ears could tell that it didn't sound good.  He said when he was near Syracuse, it started making the noise - he said it's probably a water pump bearing.  So he had to travel the entire trip with his eye on the temperature gauge praying that it didn't break and overheat.  He didn't tell me so I didn't worry...which of course I would have.  But the good news is that it got him home safely - thank God for that.

Then he was looking at the gas tank issue - the guy at the service inspection station thought it might be leaking at the pipes but Jim didn't think so and was hoping maybe at the filter.  But running it today and looking at it, he's afraid it might be the fuel tank itself.  Which is a horrible, scary job to do.

So...when he came home to devote time to finishing up all the multitudes of jobs that need to be done around here, now he's looking at two big jobs on the 4Runner.  And since he's started the inspection process, it really needs to be fixed to get that block checked.

These are the days that require you to reach into your stores of perseverance.  Jim is so good at that - he gets taken back but is able to step back and regroup.  He said today...I'm not letting these things defeat me.  I love that attitude and it will serve him well as we move forward on building the house.  But right now, it certainly makes you pause.

No comments:

Post a Comment