Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Whirlwind Week...

This was my first official week of summer - my last day of work was Friday the 14th.  Of course, I'm hoping that was my last day there ever!  That will just depend on how fast the house sells.  Which leads me to the whirlwind of this week...

Jim has worked like crazy around here.  He got the roof jacks down and holes fixed, finished drywalling, sanding and even painted in the basement, worked on the truck lift, packed up the truck, and on and on.  And we're leaving today for New York!


Finished chimney caps - they look amazing!


Wow - all completed and looks great!

Drywall done and primed

Bryan and Cindy came over last night and Bryan helped Jim move some furniture from upstairs out to the truck.  So things are starting to empty out a bit.

Bryan has the gate basically done - and it looks amazing!  Jim has some pictures which I will get from him and attach.  It's ready to be sent off to be powder coated.

So...we will be off to NY later this morning!  I'm so excited because I haven't been back since the end of April.  Our mission this trip is to switch storage units and move and rearrange all the stuff in the units so that Jim has easy access to the things that he needs.  Kyle is hopefully coming up Saturday to provide his muscles into all that moving.

My mission for this trip is to try and organize the apartment.   I'm so anxious to tackle the mountain of boxes and organize them so we know where things are.  And then start putting things away and making it into our home for the next year or whatever time frame it will be.

Bon Voyage!


No comments:

Post a Comment