This was one of those days that didn't go quite according to plan. Yesterday afternoon when I went down to pick up some packages out of the drop box, I noticed that the UPS man had decided to turn his big truck around in our yard! This is the second time in recent weeks that this has happened. I spent way too long online and on the phone trying to lodge a complaint, to no avail. I called again today and the agent said he would escalate the issue and I would receive a call back. Not even an hour later, someone pulled up to the house. Thankfully, Jim talked to him, but it was a UPS person from the local distribution center. He said he would be talking to the driver and his supervisor - it was apparently a temp - and gave us his contact info. But all that took a while.
Then Jim and I went for a drive around the block just to talk over some of the car features. He didn't get to drive it besides a quick test drive at the dealer, so it was fun. But as things would go, he also made a Craigslist sale today, so by the time we got home from the drive, he had to get ready to go meet this person. Who never showed. Jim waited well over 30 minutes before calling it quits and coming home.
By then, the day was practically over, but Jim wanted to do some work on the engine. He got the other side of the water bypass pipe sealed and attached...
The other cylinder head is on! So even with a discombobulated day, Jim got lots done!
No comments:
Post a Comment