Saturday, July 25, 2026

7.25.2026 - Guilty Creatures

Guilty Creatures by Mikita Brottman 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Atria Books | One Signal Publishing for gifting me a digital ARC of this true crime book by Mikita Brottman.  All opinions expressed in this review are my own - 4 stars!

Denise & Mike Williams had been best couple friends with Brian & Kathy Winchester forever, all growing up in the same Southern Baptist community.   Then Mike disappeared while duck hunting and his body never found.  Things got complicated when Brian divorced Kathy and married Denise.  Just what happened decades earlier?

I knew of this story from various documentaries, and I recently read that it will be a new streaming series on Apple TV.  All of that reminded me that I had somehow missed reading this book and it was languishing in my TBR pile.  Even though I knew most of this story, I felt the research and writing of the book was top-notch and I appreciated the sensitivity given to the victim and his mother.  Anxious to watch the series now!


No comments:

Post a Comment