Saturday, March 30, 2024

3.30.2024 - Update!

 


First, thanks to everyone for their prayers and support as Jim and I have been dealing with my health issues.  It means the world to both of us, and we appreciate all the texts, calls, flowers, and gifts - but mostly the prayers!  I had surgery on Monday to remove the large pelvis mass that was suspected to be ovarian cancer.  The surgery went well and the best part was that the mass was benign from the sample taken during surgery!  There were some atypical cells present and they will analyze the entire mass, but he is confident that it will remain benign.  It's a large incision, but recovery has gone well - in fact, I was able to be released the next afternoon, which he says he never does.  Home is the best place to heal, and I'm happy and grateful to be here.  I have to take it easy especially the next couple of weeks, and Jim isn't letting me do anything, but I'm on the mend!

Obviously, Jim's time and thoughts have been focused elsewhere, but he has been able to start getting a few shop things done, so time for a catch up.

He cut, sized and did the millwork for the panels...


Test fit inside the frame...


The panels are now primed...


The bottom panel is all glued and sanded...


Putting in the pocket screw holes...


Using the drum sander on drawer pieces...


And the planer...


Getting drawer pieces ready for tongue and groove molding...


Jim primed the bottom panel and painted the panels their final color...




High 53.8/Low 33.7



No comments:

Post a Comment