Sunday, March 16, 2014

3.16.2014

Hmm...apartment living has its ups and downs.  This morning was kind of a down!  I came out in the kitchen about 6:00 am to grab my Diet Coke.  I heard lots of scrambling under the washer/dryer and saw a mouse...or maybe two!  After I nearly had a heart attack, I scrambled back into the safety of my office - surely they wouldn't dare to come in there!

When Jim got up we explored - although we didn't see any evidence of any little rodent friends at first, apparently the mice like sweet potatoes as much as we do!

 
I told Jim that we lived in the middle of the woods in Ohio and never had a creature inside the house.  But after really having this part of the apartment building to ourselves since we've been here, we have an upstairs neighbor now and they've been remodeling the vacant doctor's office below us for the last month or so.  As far as we know, that office area has been empty for quite awhile so there could have been mice down there going undetected.  Now that they are working there, maybe they chased them upstairs.  No matter...on our walk today we are stopping to buy traps.  Eww....
 


No comments:

Post a Comment