Friday, May 24, 2013

More NY life planning...

Jim and I had a "business" meeting/date night last night in Millersburg...our old stomping grounds. 

Jim had to first stop at Yoder Lumber.  The giant picture frame project that Kyle wants Jim to help him with required Jim to get more specialized wood.  We had to take the truck down there so we got to try it out since it was in the shop.  All seemed well but it's not quite the same trip as going to NY.

Yoder's definitely has Amish hours - 6:30-3:30, so we were done there by about 4:00.  Since it was kind of early to eat, we debated about coming back home so that Jim could get something else accomplished.  We decided to stay and I'm so glad we did.  Instead of going straight to our favorite place - Bag's - we went into their brand new partner business - Millersburg Brewing Company.  It was a great place - big tables with cool stools, they brew their own beer there, have sampling. 

It worked out great - I needed Jim's help on finishing up the scrapbook I made for the building of our current home plus we had some strategizing to do with selling this house and the brochure we created for that.  So we were able to spread out, no one was there, had lots of privacy and got to try some Millersburg beer!  We did transition over to Bag's later on and had our favorite chicken nachos.

So during our date night, we came up with plenty of "to-do's" to add to our list.  After accomplishing a few easy ones like paying the storage unit bill, setting up cable/TV/phone service in NY.  Truly, I think I have spent over 2 hours on the phone with various different pieces.  It's amazing how much different information you get when you talk to different people.  We were hoping to just add the NY piece to our current Time Warner account, since that's the cable provider in NY also.  And we were really hoping to keep our current email addresses.  But after all that time, neither of those will work out.  I must have had to disturb Jim in the pole barn a half a dozen times to ask various questions about converter boxes, modems, scheduling...ugh.  I finally set up an appointment time that wasn't going to work but the guy told me to set it up and then call the local office and try to reschedule into something that would work.  Which I did - hopefully what I set up will be okay.  Because I don't think I can handle another 2 hours on the phone!

On other fronts...I went out and weeded a bit on Sunday.  Which means of course that I have a horrid case of poison ivy now.  It was so bad much earlier than it usually appears on me that I went to the doctor Wednesday.  She gave me a steroid shot and said if it wasn't better in 24-48 hours, to call back and they may have to put me on prednisone as well.  I hate taking any steroids, but it really wasn't any better today so I did call and get a prescription.  I haven't taken them yet, but I feel better having them in case it doesn't get better tomorrow since it's a holiday weekend.

Also - Kyle is coming in tomorrow morning to work on these giant picture frames.  So it will be nice to see him, although they will be spending all their time in the pole barn I'm sure.  We do hope to celebrate both Jim and Kyle's birthdays by going to Outback and then to see the new Star Trek movie. 

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment