Wednesday, September 26, 2018

9.26.2018

Jim has had rainy weather for the last two days.  In fact, the weather changed my return trip plans - Jim didn't want me driving home at night in the rain.  So I split the trip up in two days - it gave me a little more time with my mom on Tuesday and I was able to get home before dark today.  It was a great trip and I'm so happy that I had time to spend with my mom and family.

Because of the weather, Jim hasn't been able to work on the pole barn for two days.  It sure was amazing to me to drive up the driveway and see the building though!  When I left, it was just a pile of wood on the driveway!

So Jim spent the last two days doing inside work, including spending time yet again with Spectrum technicians.  The cable is working now but we'll see how long that lasts!

He spent a lot of time organizing - filling up our new shelves in the workshop, doing some furnace work, and organizing his spaces after lots of varied work lately.

Jim also did some window work - he stained the porthole window in the stairwell.  He also had to put hardware on the windows that he is working on staining in the apartment because the temperatures got low enough that he needed to totally lock the windows.


We had originally started with light almond fixtures in the kitchen but wanted them changed to white to match the subway tile we intend to use.  So poor Jim had to work on replacing and rewiring lots of receptacles and light switches!  He has two more to go but the kitchen looks really nice.  He even replaced our light switches for the fixtures over the table and over the sink with dimmer switches.

 

He is starting to work on replacing the door sill with a much-improved one he found online.  More to come on this project!

 
High 76/Low 49 - on/off rain



No comments:

Post a Comment