Monday, November 25, 2019

11.25.2019

This was quite the exciting day - stay tuned!

I had to do some pre-Thanksgiving grocery shopping so I headed out this morning.  When I got home, Jim had painted all the cabinet edge pieces gray...


He also assembled a new desk chair that will go in my office.  However, we had to order some special non-marring casters so those will come in on Wednesday and then Jim can get it set up in my room.


It was fairly warm for this time of the year and considering we still have snow on the ground, so Jim wanted to spray off the undercarriage of the Bobcat.  Then he also gave the Mini a cleaning before it will be put away for the winter and he sprayed my car off as I was coming home!


Okay - here's the really exciting part!  The new sanding pads finally came in today so Jim was able to work on the Corian top.  Starting to sand...


What it looked like after the first pass....


 Then he sanded in the opposite direction and it came out just perfectly!  It's a great semi-gloss finish which is just what we wanted and what they recommend for this color.  So beautiful!


Jim wasn't sure the two of us would be able to carry it up the stairs but we took it slow and we did it! Once it was on the landing, Jim was able to carry it up and down easier by himself...


Jim removed the temporary wood top and the base fit perfectly inside the Corian top...


Until Jim gets the bench seating made, he brought up our dining room chairs for us to use.  It's SO pretty - I just love it!


High 44/Low 31

No comments:

Post a Comment