Monday, September 30, 2013

9.30.2013

Thankfully, Jim got into Ohio without any issues last night.  Bryan and Cindy are graciously putting him up again (thanks, guys!!) and Bryan is going to help him unload the storage unit.  Jim also wants to get the truck's tires balanced and rotated - he was told that you need to do that more often with this kind of truck.  Since he bought the back tires there, he wants to get it done when he's in town.

I spent all morning working on fire school mailings again.  Before heading to the PO and store, I headed up to Angel to see if any poles were going up - but nothing.  While I was there, I hiked up the hill and took more Leaf Peeper pics...


 
The weather continues to be phenomenal here - today was a Simpson Sky as my mom and dad would say.  (As an aside, Kyle still wonders why we wouldn't let him watch the Simpsons growing up but Grandma and Grandpa loved it!)  It is in the low 70s and just gorgeous.
 
Update...I heard from Jim a little bit ago and it was after 4:00 by the time he got everything done.  He got the truck's tires rotated, went to Wolff Brothers and bought all our supplies that we will need for the electric meters, emptied out the storage unit, and went to the neighbor's to pick up some things from there.  That's a lot to get done - and I hated the thought of him starting home at 5:00 at night.  Bryan and Cindy offered to let him stay one more night, so I'm grateful that he's taking them up on it.  I want him home and I know he wants to be home, but it's not worth the risk of driving late at night after a day of moving.
 
I also heard from the landlord.  It appears that things are moving forward with her selling the building.  The maintenance guy just dropped off some paperwork that we need to fill out for the bank - which scared me at first but it appears that the bank wants to cover themselves in case of a foreclosure.  In that event, we would pay the rent to the bank as opposed to the new owners.  The maintenance guy said that he thinks everything is going to stay the same - it's supposed to be the owners of Cleveland Landscaping (ironic!) and they also live on Angel (ironic again!).  John said they were good guys and it should be a good thing.  Fingers crossed - we don't need a rent increase at this point!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment