Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Time's ticking...

Wednesday...and seems like so much to be done.  I feel really bad - Jim has all the weight on his shoulders to make all this happen.  I can only do so much at this point.  I'm busy packing away and have gotten to the nitty gritty stuff - going through medicine cabinets, utensil drawers.
 
Jim got up early this morning - wanted to get out and cut the grass before he started woodworking.  But the scattered showers that were predicted turned into an early morning torrential downpour.  So no cutting the grass.  But it's not like there is a lack of things to do around here!  Jim got some good things done - basement bathroom door on, water valve on the holding tank replaced, made moldings.  Plus Jim spent some time working on in my room...the bi-fold doors are really looking good.  Check them out...

The first door is up...
 
Gorgeous!! 

I told Jim that these doors look so beautiful in my room - I wish I would have gotten to enjoy them a bit more!  Although the shelving was perfect for my office - but these doors sure are pretty!
 
Bryan came over in the afternoon and they loaded some furniture from the downstairs into the truck to be put into the storage unit.  And that included my big chair from the library!  That's really sad.
 

My library chair gets loaded on the truck...sad
 
 
The storage unit where we are temporarily putting the furniture is close by - so things don't have to be packed real tight in the truck and it's easier to make a couple trips.  They got a good load in and unloaded it at the unit.
 
 
 
So all in all it was a good day - we did get info on closing from the title company - now our appointment is Friday at 11:00.  Hard to believe it's getting so close.  We got an email from the buyer that he wants to bring his daughter to see the house tomorrow evening.  Jim wants to have all the action items done by then.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment