Saturday, August 17, 2013

Roadblock...

So it's the invisible things that'll get you, I guess.  I got home from work today and the inspector had been back to pick up his radon detector.  We failed - a big fail.  According to government rates, it has to be below 4 parts per something (great technical language there)...ours was 46!

I pride myself on being aware of health risks and trying to do the right things (well, except for that whole Diet Coke addiction) but radon was not even something I considered.  Now it sounds like we've been breathing pretty unhealthy air for a long time.  I feel kind of guilty about that.

But now we just have to turn to getting it fixed - no matter what.  Poor Jim is worried about what this will do to the sale - but it's a fixable issue.  He emailed the buyer but we didn't hear back.  Jim requested a quote from some place in Akron and the realtor gave us a couple names too.  I'll make calls tomorrow and get a fix going.

Onto happier thoughts, Jim has the other closet door done except for staining so he's making great progress.  I spent a lot of time in the library packing up more books and DVDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment