Tuesday, December 10, 2013

12.10.2013

Jim was able to dig today too - it was definitely cold but the conditions are okay for digging as long as the operator can stay warm! 

When I took lunch out, I was amazed at how great it looks.  When I first came up the driveway back to the carriage house, Jim was in the excavator inside the foundation area.  It was so deep that I could only see the top of the machine!  Pictures just don't do it justice!
 

Here I am inside - you can tell how deep it is compared to me!


When Jim got home tonight, he said he is just about 95% done with the digging area.  He would like to pull back more of the dirt from the top where it will undoubtedly collapse some during the winter.  The temps are supposed to get really cold on Thursday so we'll see if he is able to work tomorrow.  But all in all, he's extremely happy with the status of everything as it is.  I'm still so amazed that he was able to get all this done in such a short time in December!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment